uk marathon

About This Blog

This blog is aimed at promoting and informing on the progress of www.fat-feet.co.uk
Fat feet is a new running event website that attempts to find interesting and diverse locations to host varied running events. Our events include UK Marathons, UK Half Marathons, and UK Ultra Marathons all in fantastic locations. Our races include The Woodland Half Marathon , The Grimsthorpe Half Marathon and the Grimsthorpe Ultra Marathon. Our event at Rutland Water is the Rutland Water Marathon which involves 26.2 miles around the beautiful cycle trail that surrounds the reservoir. We also have introduced The Ocean Floor Race which takes place in Egypt in May 2012 (www.oceanfloorrace.com)
Please go to our main website at www.fat-feet.co.uk to browse through our fantastic events.

Tuesday 30 August 2011

Roz Crawford Interview- 2012 OFR entrant


Name?
Roslyn Crawford
Where is home? Sydney Austrailia




How did you find out about the Ocean Floor race?


A running friend I did the Marathon Des Sables with told me about it, and having never been to Egypt I thought it would be an amazing experience.

Have you much experience of these types of events?


I’ve only just become interested in endurance type events since turning 21 so my experience is fairly limited. I love trail running in the bush land areas around Sydney, and my first major overseas endurance event was the 2010 Marathon Des Sables in Morocco.

What attracted you to this race and what are you most looking forward to about it?

That it is in a completely different setting to what I’m used to. Yes I’d be away from family and friends but fear has no place in adventure, and this will offer me an amazing experience. I most looking forward to just running through the white desert; the things I’ll see there by day and night. It’s given me something to focus on and build towards.


Are you currently training and how will you train for this event?


In between my university and work schedule I like to fit in as much training as I can. I have a good base aerobic fitness and my chief training goal is simply building the endurance up in my legs. I’ll mostly be running, but am big on cross training and some strength work.



Do you have a top 3 of pieces of kit you can't do without for this event?

GPS, flashlight, food!


Do you have some top snacks that you like to run with?

Sultanas, peanut butter bars, gels

How did get into this type of race?

I love running, I was a sprinter up until about 18 and then I started running longer and travelling greater distances, something which I continue to get more enjoyment out of.



Still taking entries at www.oceanfloorrace.com

No comments:

Post a Comment